Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lynette Andreasen...

“IL am a graduate student in the metals program at Arizona State University. Themes of human connection and interaction are often the driving forces behind my work. My goal is to cause both the viewer and the wearer to reflect on the connections made by casual and intimate interactions between individuals. Everyday people experience physical, emotional, and circumstantial exchanges with others, and inevitably there is an imprint or trace left behind. Although my work often addresses immediate relationships, I am particularly interested in how these interactions are affected by time. Historically jewelry and objects have often been passed on as heirlooms between generations carrying with them memory and sentiment. With this body of work I hope to evoke feelings of nostalgia, cause the viewer or wearer to revisit their past and reflect on relationships in their own life. My work is inspired by the human connections I see around me and the longing to hold on to what is inevitably lost.”

Text and photo from; http://18kt.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

masaoms said...

I love linette works!! They're great!!