Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lynn Christiansen...

Lynn Christiansen: Maybe just one more
March 11 - April 19, 2009

At Velvet da Vinci

http://www.velvetdavinci.com/show.php?sid=99
http://www.velvetdavinci.com/artist.php?aid=131


“Food is my obsession. My heart races, all senses heightened as I stand in a bakery or chocolate shop enveloped by the sublime smells, the exquisite beauty of assorted truffles and pastries, the anticipation of the perfect cupcake. Pure joy! Food is my obsession. My earliest and my most vivid memories are centered on food. A dropped ice cream cone, a butterscotch candy pulled from my grandfather's pocket, the ultimate warm cinnamon bun. First comes the memory I can taste… the perfect chocolate cake … then comes the who, where and when.Food is my obsession. Just one more … one too many. Food is my obsession. I wear what I eat ... both in my body and on my body. To be surrounded by truffles, pastries, ice cream … pure joy!”



I like the way of dig where you stand, to transform or put things into another context, this ia a work who show us that… I’m not so found of chocolate by myself, but I like the idea of using food, every day life objects and so on from our surroundings, tell new stories and work with things near by…

No comments: