Thursday, March 26, 2009

Paul Stankard...


I found this glass artist at the crafthaus site, and I like it very much… for me this stand for both kitsch and reality, a reality frozen moment.
It’s like some kind of frozen fairytales, it’s easy to create your own story when you see this clear and amazing glass objects.
Glass has always fascinated me and this is a little bite to much in a very good way…


Paul Stankard

"I am interested in integrating mysticism with botanical realism giving the glass organic credibility. Through the work, I reference the continuum of nature, by portraying and exploring the mysteries of seeds, fertility and decay. The work celebrates the primal beauty of nature on an intimate level. It is influenced by the poetry of Walt Whitman." Paul J Stankard


Text and photo from;
http://www.paulstankard.com/works.htm

No comments: