Thursday, April 23, 2009

International Day of the Book or World Book Days is a yearly event on 23 April…

Världsbokdagen or World Book and Copyright Day…
Hämtad från/found at; "http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A4rldsbokdagen"

Världsbokdagen, temadag instiftad av UNESCO 1995 för att uppmärksamma boken och upphovsrätten. Idén kommer ursprungligen från Katalonien i Spanien där man sedan
1900-talets början firat skyddshelgonet Sankt Görans dag den 23 april, genom att ge en bok i gåva till dem man tycker om och få en ros tillbaka. Med inspiration från denna tradition föreslog International Publishers Association en internationell dag och Spanien lämnade förslaget till UNESCO. 23 april infaller Världsbokdagen.


World Book and Copyright Day (also known as International Day of the Book or World Book Days) is a yearly event on 23 April, organized by UNESCO to promote reading, publishing and copyright. The Day was first celebrated in 1995.
The connection between 23 April and books was first made in 1923 by booksellers in Catalonia, Spain as a way to honor the author Miguel de Cervantes who died on that day. This became a part of the celebrations of the Saint George's Day (also 23 April) in the region, where it has been traditional since the medieval era for men to give roses to their lovers and since 1925 for the woman to give a book in exchange. Half the yearly sales of books in Catalonia are at this time with over 400,000 sold and exchanged for over 4 million roses.




It was here it started, the celebration of Saint George.
Flag of Catalonia and the Coat of arms of Catalonia...

Saint George oil painting by Raphael.

My book of today, I’m reading about Barack Obamas life, very interesting and also very interesting written… it’s easy to get fixed into the story and the feeling of not want to stop reading…

A bad habit that I have is to collect all the books that I read as some kind of toffees, nice to get back to, search for interesting lines and so on…
Everyone who has visited me knows that my apartment has a lot of BOOKS in it…
I LOVE BOOKS and the world they giving me!
I always end my day with a reading before bedtime, a nice moment before bedtime, thinking of something else and “clean” my head before sleeping…
(Of course I have read a lot more book then I have at my home, I have borrowed from friends and from the library).



If you look at this site, you will find “all” the team days…
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategori:Temadagar






No comments: