Sunday, August 30, 2009

Calvatia gigantea... unseasonable is the nature…


Unseasonable is the nature…

This huge smoke mushrooms/ jätteröksvamp we found this summer at my family island; Alnö…

Calvatia gigantea

First it looks like some kind of alien’s egg and then when you look closer, its huge mushrooms.
Last year my sister and her children found one big once around 4 kg, but this year I count to fourteen of them. An unbelievable sight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_puffball

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A4tter%C3%B6ksvamp


The photo at the top of the post my sister has taken, the last once have I taken…

3 comments:

montserrat lacomba said...

Are awesome!

Nubia Gonçalves said...

wow!!!
Never seen so huge! can you eat them?

paula lindblom said...

Hi Nubia and Montserrat.

I read about this mushrooms, that they are the biggest once in Sweden.

I don´t know if it´s possible to eat them, but I think so... as long as theya are fresh.

Take care and keep up th egood work!

With love and thoughts Paula.