Friday, April 9, 2010

you have to be patience and let the piece take shape...

Yesterday I meet a friend and took a fika at one of my favourite café near by my home.

We were talking about our travelling, she has been to Egypt and I to Spain…
We were also talking about the working process, work that “just” is, and that the viewer hopefully can see in the finish piece, that s the mission and goal, to do a great work before, thinking over, redone and so on, just to reach the final result.

This is the hardest thing with being an artist I think, I always forget the time between and it also gives me headache and lots of doubts, the time that I need to have for the pieces to
mature… because the jewellery pieces absolutely need to mature. I need to see, feel and think about the final result and that you can’t hurry, you have to be patience and let the piece take shape, both in your head and also practical.

For me it’s hard to work with the time I can’t show… even if I know that everyone have this kind of time, before doing something…

I’m glad about my friends who can help me with putting things in the right context and also talk me throw my doubts, and tell me that it’s the same thing happens every time I started to work with some bigger project… I know that it’s a part of the working process, but in somehow I always have forgot it from one time to an other…

No comments: