Wednesday, August 25, 2010

this is the pieces for the Sintra window show…

A small and easy arithmetic example…

This is the price for jewellery at the gallery and what I get in the end IF I sell something, the galleries takes about 30-60% in commission fee and as you can see it’s not so much money to me in the end…
For the profit I made, I have to pay 25% tax to the state…

12500:- = 7000:- = 5250:-
8000:- = 4800:- = 3600:-
7500:- = 4000:- = 3000:-
5500:-
= 3300:- = 2475:-
1500:-
= 900:- = 675:-

And then people asked what I live on?! Or why my jewellery has such a high price…

In my profit you have to reckon in:
The idea, the time it takes to make the piece of jewellery, material, the costs around a exhibition as exhibition cards, computer time for sending my stuff around, photo time for documentation, travel or sending (postage) my pieces to the show place and so on…

In the end I have to a cup of coffee, but I have done my work very well and I love what I am doing, so…
This is wearable jewellery, but also done as sculptures/objects when it isn’t wearing…

I working with unique pieces and I related my art to the nature, more the artificially nature…

Today our fauna looks a little bite different form yesterday, today we have to count coca cola cans, cigarettes, different plastic material and so on, things that we human left in the nature, it has become a new “fauna” because it takes years and year to break it down and go away…
I do the jewellery with a twist, but IF you start think about your own surroundings and what you throw away or as in my case, kept…

No comments: