Saturday, September 18, 2010

Louise Bourgeois...

Louise Bourgeois are new actual at the Nordic aquarelle museum in Skärhamn.
19.9 – 5.12 2010 Nordiska Akvarellmuseet
http://www.akvarellmuseet.org/

I got an invitation card for two for the opening of the Louise Bourgeois exhibition, me and my friend Anita took the car in a lovely autumn weather and was a part of the opening, and the opening speech was by the commander of the museum Bera Nordal.

It was a good opening speech who gets a good start for the look at the paintings that Louise Bourgeois had done the last time in her life. I got touched and moved about the opening speech and I’m really glad that I have the opportunity to listen to it; it gives me more meat on the bones, so to speak…

I get really hit by the red gouache paintings, I get hit by the value and also by the humor, I really like Louise Bourgeois the graphite word that you could find in some of the drawings/paintings, word as;
-Pity, -Eternity, -The miracle, -Blessed one, -Hope, Faith, Charity…
It makes something more with the paintings when you read these words, anyhow for me…

I can warmly recommend this trip to Skärhamn and Akvarellmuseet, it is a great exhibition and it’s an absolutely lovely environment…I had a great opening day and a lovely day with my friend Anita, I get inspired of what I saw and felt and I will absolutely start paint a little bite more when I got the time for it.


Text from wikipedia

Louise Joséphine Bourgeois (French pronunciation: /luiz buʁʒwa/; 25 December 1911 – 31 May 2010), was a renowned French-American artist and sculptor, best known for her contributions to both modern and contemporary art, and for her spider structures, titled Maman, which resulted in her being nicknamed the Spiderwoman. She is recognized today as the founder of confessional art.

In the late 1940s, after moving to New York City with her American husband, Robert Goldwater, she turned to sculpture. Though her works are abstract, they are suggestive of the human figure and express themes of betrayal, anxiety, and loneliness. Her work was wholly autobiographical, inspired by her childhood trauma of discovering that her English governess was also her father’s mistress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Bourgeois


The beautiful photo of Louise Bourgeois at the top of the post are taken by Louise Bourgeois by herself, I love this photo of an older Louise Bourgeois… The photo is from;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2009/sep/19/louise-bourgeois-on-drawing


At the post number 9 from the top is the commander of the museum, Bera Nordal.

The painting is from one of the postcard I bought today, it was one of the paintings that I like …

No comments: