Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wolf Erlbruch...

Text from wikipedia

Wolf Erlbruch (born 1949 in Wuppertal, Germany) is an award-winning illustrator and writer of children's books. He combines various techniques for the artwork in his books, including cutting and pasting, drawing, and painting. His style is sometimes surrealist and is widely copied inside and outside Germany, and some of his story books discuss adult topics such as death and the meaning of life. They have won many awards, including the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis in 1993 and 2003, and the Hans Christian Andersen Award for illustration in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Erlbruch

I like this artist; I like these fantastic animals, the colorful drawings/paintings/illustrations.
I like animals in art, that is something I think is funny in many ways and I use animals by myself in my own art as comments about our society.
Fabler is something that fascinated me and my imagination gets into spin and I get happy, and it is one of all the necessary ingredients in art, to use happiness, curiosity and humor to tell a story…anyhow in my way of look at art or my own creativity.

No comments: