Sunday, November 7, 2010

Alla helgons dag - All Saints' Day - Día de Todos Los Santos - dia de Todos-os-Santos – Allerheiligen – Pyhäinpäivä…


Yesterday it was ¬All Saints' Day, my beloved once are buried up in the North of Sweden, so I light a candle on a paper instead and think about them and miss them and been happy for the time we get together.
This is my grandparents that I spend a lot of time with when I was little, they are still my weekday’s heroes and I know that they are sitting on a soft cloud and watching over me…
They are as it says in the text below, “mindre betydande helgon” or in English, “less important Saints”.

Seden att fira helgon och martyrer på olika specifika dagar uppstod tidigt inom den kristna kyrkan och snart även behovet av en samlingsdag för mindre betydande helgon som inte fått en egen plats i kalendern. Därför infördes en ”alla (övriga) helgons dag” för dessa.

The feast of All Saints, on its current date, is traced to the foundation by Pope Gregory III (731–741) of an oratory in St. Peter's for the relics "of the holy apostles and of all saints, martyrs and confessors, of all the just made perfect who are at rest throughout the world".

No comments: