Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ale…Alejandra Solar…

I got an e-mail from my friend and college Ale Solar who is represent in Schmuck right now, she show me here newest pieces and wonder what I think about them… I have to say that I like them all very very much and I think that it’s interesting to mix the nature by images on the architectonic shapes of the jewellery.

-----------------------------------------------

I 'm sending you pictures of the work that I'm presenting I would love to hear your comments, I was reading the press release for Schmuck and says that is the first time for a Mexico, Turkey and China for the first time.

The statement from Ale about her works:

Throughout my creative process I continually gather images from the mundane. I select some of these characters, landscapes, and objects to become part of a different story in an imaginary world. By removing these elements from their original context, altering and playing with them, I find surprising, and unexpected connections between them and their new environment, the stories start over, the ordinary and familiar become uncanny and strange. Themes of death, religion, fantasy and fiction emerge, and become great sources of inspiration.

Material; polyurethane.


Schmuck 2011
Place: Willy Brandt Allee 1
(Munich, Germany)
Management: Wolfgang Lösche
16.Mar.2011 - 22.Mar.2011

http://www.hwk-muenchen.de/

No comments: