Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paolo Scura...

Paolo Scura is one of all the great artists at the site…
Yesterday when I was looking for photos by Per Suntum I come across this site, have a look, here is a lot of great jewellery artist in the same space, for me it’s some friends and a lot of colleges that is represent here… I’m glad that I found this place!

http://www.apparat.be/


THE CITY IS MY HOME

Every city I visit, every pavement I walk upon and every wall I come across tells me a story. They are unique stories about their inhabitants: their values, emotions, needs, dreams and desires… all are reflected on the surfaces of these urban environments. It is their constant evolutions which provide a boundless collection of juxtapositions: between the new and the old, between chaos and order, between the accidental and the calculated. Streets, buildings, walls, surfaces of various materials and colours become a mixing ground where boundaries clash, blur and dissolve.

There is a symbiosis in all of that we change our environment and then we change in response to our environment. The city wears us and in return we begin to wear the city. I find all this beautiful, and it is by collecting those impressions and combining them, but at the same time contrasting them, with the fine aesthetics of jewellery that I create my work. Stitched, pierced, punched, melted, fused, cast, constructed, invented…. Small collisions, paradoxical jewellery sculptures from the everyday.

http://www.wix.com/paoloscura/jewellery

No comments: