Saturday, March 23, 2013

for Sarah...



This is the last and final piece in a small individual collection …

I have done a few angels to some of my friends and family, some that I think needed a angel in somehow and some have give me energy, thoughts and fait that things gone change…
I´m not so very found about angels but in this case I feel it necessary to made these brooches, all are individual, built up in the same way but with a thought from me in each piece, I have been thinking about color, what the like in simplicity or more extravaganza and so on…

The material is; needle felted wool, 925 silver pin, silk thread, glass beads, synthetic thread and resin angels.

The size is around 4-5 cm.

Now I have finished my small angel collection and for now one no more angels will be done.

These series of brooches could sees as some kind of therapeutic work more than the regular jewellery pieces I mostly do… I have been needed to do something, to have something for my hands, not necessary for my brain…

This is things that just comes up, without have so much ideas or searching for interesting views and angles in the work, it has not being any investigate is this pieces at all. But anyway they have taking time to do, I think that each piece has taking around 3 hours to do… My point of views in this work has been then one that I want to give a piece to, what do they like, what kind of person likes angels and so on.


I have done this brooches when I have been listen to one of my favorite singer; Sinéad O’Connor – How about I be me (and you be you?). Track 3 – old lady, at this album is my absolutely favorite that I can have at repeat.



No comments: