Friday, December 6, 2013

Nelson Mandela 1918-2013...


Nelson Mandela 1918-2013

Jag har vandrat den långa vägen mot frihet. Jag har försökt att inte vackla; jag har gjort misstag längs vägen. Men jag har upptäckt hemligheten att efter att ha bestigit ett stort berg finner man bara att där är många flera berg att bestiga.

I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment

A great person that always will be in our mind.  An icon for the whole world.

I have always been interesting in Nelson and his ANC work. May be because I am a Swedish person that grow up at the 70 with our great leader at that time Olof Palme that was our social democratic party leader and had a big human heart for equal rights and Nelson Mandela and his people needed support for the world at that time... Time to think over our past and our future I think... Remind us all that we need to work hard for a great world for everyone. It´s always a process to take care and see others, to respect and understand why...

Mandela var Sydafrikas president mellan 1994 och 1999. Han var landets förste president som valts i demokratiska val med rösträtt för hela befolkningen.

Mandela was a politician and philanthropist who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He was the first black South African to hold the office, and the first elected in a fully representative election.

Jag hatar rasdiskriminering mest intensivt och alla dess yttringar. Jag har kämpat hela mitt liv; jag slåss nu, och kommer att göra det fram till slutet av mina dagar. Även fast jag råkar dömas av en, vars åsikt jag högt uppskattade, avskyr jag våldsamt situationen som omger mig här. Det gör att jag känner att jag är en svart man på en vit mans planhalva. Så ska det inte vara, jag skulle vilja känna mig tillfreds och hemma i förvissningen att jag prövas av en sydafrikan, som inte betraktar mig som en sämre människa som ska särbehandlas.

I hate racial discrimination most intensely and all its manifestations. I have fought all my life; I fight now, and will do so until the end of my days. Even although I now happen to be tried by one, whose opinion I hold in high esteem, I detest most violently the set-up that surrounds me here. It makes me feel that I am a Black man in a White man's court. This should not be I should feel perfectly at ease and at home with the assurance that I am being tried by a fellow South African, who does not regard me as an inferior, entitled to a special type of justice.

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_National_Congress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_National_Congress

No comments: