Saturday, January 31, 2015

Jorge Manilla in town...



 Linnéa Eriksson and Jorge Manilla





On Thursday I was on the lecturing by the jewellery artist Jorge Manilla at HDK, t was an interesting speech, I got a lot of questions in my mind and hope that I one day will have the opportunity to talk about it with Jorge himself. Both the similarities and differences in our jewelry work but also cultural issues, Mexico City and Sundsvall are two extremes that are interesting to talk about, our luggage, what they play roles in our lives, etc.

Friday evening it was a gallery event  at gallery Four, Jorge was there and it was possible to ask about the jewellery and hang around there for some hours. I usually take a lot of photos but I was not in my right mood, but I took some anyway, as a viewer from the side of ... like a fly in a corner  with a glass of red wine in my hand...

Take a look at Jorge Manillas website, there you can find a lot of his interesting pieces in a much better presentation then in this post, this is just a glint...

It was really really great to meet Jorge again even if it was a short once, this time. I hope and wish that I one day have the opportunity to speak more with him, this time he was a busy one. We had a plan to catch up over a coffee or a beer but the time wasn´t there this time.






No comments: