Saturday, April 2, 2016

Stefan Thunström and his monsters teddies...



















 Here is Stefan with my upcoming art buddy, that I decided to buy... "Funny hair cut".










 My sister bought this fellow..."A funny bunny from Cherobyl"...


















 Stefan and my sister Jenni...






My newfound  art friend dancing down the stairs on the way home with me to Gothenburg.

My sister and I were so lucky that we got a tour, meeting with Stefan in his studio up at Sidsjön in Sundsvall.

I had noticed Stephen Thunström monster teddies for a lot of years ago and always wanted one of those incredibly creative, interesting, humorous and very weird and a bit creepy creatures.

Now it was time, my sister got in touch with Stefan and we were so lucky that he had the time! What an honor to visit his studio and take note of all the monsters that he had there and hear him talk about his art. Both my sister and I were delighted when we end each selected a monster teddy bear which has become our main during the time we were and checked out...

Stefan told me that he will have an exhibition in Mölndal in May !!!
Mölndal is a neighboring municipality to Gothenburg and that was a huge bonus for me, then I can go and check all of these, or selected once again.

I must say that it was difficult to choose what I wanted all these incredible creatures, but I had put a financial ceiling for myself, and it was probably wise, otherwise I probably would have struck one or two more. I just love this sort of art that makes me amazed, happy and a little hesitant.


Here it is now. Maybe not the best spot... but...

No comments: